Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Thoughts on the Eve of My Recital

Tomorrow I'm giving the first of two recitals in partial fulfillment of my requirements for my master of music degree in organ performance.  I will be performing music by Maurice Durufle, J.S. Bach, Dietrich Buxtehude, and Johannes Brahms, all very different people from different time periods but each an excellent musician and composer.  

It's easy when you're studying music at a professional level to get caught up in all the technical and artistic things involved in performing a piece of music. These are all important and a necessary part of the process of learning a piece of music. But in the end, it's actually quite simple. You're making music. You're making something beautiful to share with your audience, to share with the world.


by Anatoli Egorov [Breslau, 1945]

"Playing their song" by Joseph Lorusso



No comments: